Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thanks to Katie...

After watching Jared train for the Colorado Marathon in 2011, I swore up and down I would not ever train for a full marathon.  What I forgot to swear off was half marathons.  I've contemplated training for one a few times, signed up for one that I didn't finish training for, and that's about it.  Last year, Jared and I signed up for the Rock N Roll Half in Denver, but my training was derailed by uber-hot summer weather and my being in one of my best friend's wedding.
My sis-in-law asked me about doing the Disney Princess Half in February with her, earlier this summer.  I was very hesitant, given that I was having surgery in August.  After surgery and seeing that I will have no problem returning to running when I'm allowed to on Oct. 1, I agreed to train with her.  However, I made an addition: I talked Jared into training with us!  So my husband will be training for the Princess Half as well.  He's thrilled.  I haven't told him that he'd make a stunning Princess Aurora.  Being that he is my coach, it's only appropriate that he trains with me.  Also, the race website is amazing and gets a person totally exciting to get going!  Thanks for that, Katie!
Right now, I am not allowed to run, so I'm maintaining/improving my fitness with strength training and bike rides, when my bike is cooperating.  This morning I did a full-on work out of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, workout 1.  It was so good to be back in my gym!  I think I'll feel it tomorrow.

My other task right now is researching costumes for this event!  I have a few ideas, I may need some feedback...

2 comments:

  1. Woot, woot! We're going to rock this race. Also, I had no idea you had signed up for the Denver Rock and Roll. Let's put that on our list of future races to do-I'd like to do a RnR race at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! Let's do the RnR in Vegas! It's a half way point for us. (I'm just being logical here)

      Delete