Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Planning Day!

In true Nicole-fashion, I spent the morning laying out my plan of attack for this adventure.  The difference will be I will take my husband's approach and actually follow the plan.  To help myself do just that, I also set up a reward system.  The reward system was inspired by Katie, but designed like my piano teacher's rewards: Stickers.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Stickers for completing my assignments.  So my piano teacher used to give me sticker in my assignment book when I had practiced  and completed my songs for the week.  After a few stickers, I got something from the prize basket.  Well, my prizes will be after one month of stickers and the rewards will be way better.  Can you say new running skirts?
I'm following the basic layout of the training plan recommended on the rundisney.com website.  However, Jared felt like that plan was a bit soft, so I tweaked it.  I built the plan around my work schedule.  I filled out my work days and my strength training days.  Then I plugged in my running days, mostly on days off from work.  The plan as-is will have me at 14 miles on my long-run day, two weeks before the race.  I was very careful to not plan a hard workout day or a long run on my workdays, as to not set myself up for failure.
In order to get a sticker for the day, I have to have A) Done my assigned workouts; B) Drank all my H2O; and C) Mostly eaten healthy (I have to allow for the occasional cupcake or whatnot).

This morning was also JM Workout 2.  There was only one of the exercises I couldn't do, due to restrictions.  Otherwise, there was a bucket of sweat and it was awesome!  So good to be back at the workouts!  I also ate pretty well today.  I'm working on my water as we speak.
I looked at the costumes, yet again, and I have made no progress.

Until next time, go run a few miles for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment